Monday, January 6, 2014

Vicks Nyquil Commercial Makes Me Even Sicker

I spent this past weekend in my pyjamas, wrapped in blankets, trying to rid myself of the flu. As one does under such circumstances, I watched copious amounts of television. I saw this commercial for Vicks Dayquil/Nyquil several times; each time it made me angry and by the final time I was vowing to never buy a Vick's product again.

This thing is teeming with sexism. The dad doesn't know how to comb hair, the boy is excited that mom is coming to his game -- but the kicker is the little girl, so excited that mom is going take her to the mall. And once again I have to say this is the subtle bullshit that we have to fight against, the little messages that will invade our daughters' perceptions of the world. Thanks a lot, Vicks.




2 comments:

  1. Boys do things but girls go shopping. Really Vicks. Get real

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a dad who can't comb hair. But the mall stuff really does suck it.

    ReplyDelete